RISOINFIORE Gloria long-grain rice with kiwis and toasted almonds
Recipe courtesy of: Tipografo in cucina - www.untipografoincucina.blogspot.it Ingredients for 4 people
- 360 g of RISOINFIORE semi-wholemeal Gloria long-grain rice
- 100 g of toasted almonds (with or without skin)
- 1 white onion
- white wine (as required)
- 4 kiwis (not too ripe)
- extra-virgin olive oil (as required)
- 60 g of butter or other spread
- vegetable stock
- Chop the onion finely and sweat it in a little extra-virgin olive oil.
- Turn the heat up and add the Gloria rice, turning frequently until the rice lightly browned.
- Separately, using a meat tenderiser, bash the almonds into fine crumbs.
- Add a little white wine to the rice to deglaze the pan, and start to add the stock a little at a time to cook the rice.
- Peel and dice the kiwi fruits and put them to one side.
- Halfway through the cooking process, add the kiwis and almonds to the rice, keeping a few pieces of kiwi in reserve as a garnish.
- Keeping adding the stock until the rice is cooked, bearing in mind that this type of rice will take between 17 and 19 minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper and, with the pan off the heat, add the butter and stir it in vigorously until it has melted and given the risotto a glossy sheen.
- Plate up however you like.